Sweet Potato "Oatmeal"
This warm breakfast is a fun way to switch up the usual morning bowl of oatmeal and is a great way to start your day with an extra serving of veggies and fiber!
- 6oz. mashed white or orange sweet potato.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk.
- 2 egg whites/4 TBSP of liquid egg whites.
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
- 1 tsp maple syrup.
- 1 scoop of Vital Protein collagen (optional).
To mash the sweet potato, poke a few holes in it and warm in microwave for several minutes until soft enough to mash. Place sweet potato, milk, and egg whites in small saucepan and whisk over medium heat until mixture is fluffy and milk is absorbed. Mix in vanilla, syrup, and collagen (optional) and serve.
If you have the macros to spare, add nuts, dried fruit, bananas, berries, or peanut butter/PBFit.
Macros (with collagen) and no toppings: